4/20/2005

駒歌

Watched this production alone tonight and had some surprises.

I was somehow anxious before the show because I knew I was expecting something from it. Wong Ka Kui's music has been bringing an overwhelming influence on my generation - at least on many people I know. We have been playing his songs again and again and we still sing them in Neway and California Red. It is so deep in our lives.

While I must say I have prejudice on young local theatres. I was worrying if the play would turn out to be something nobody has a clue about and worse a disgrace to Ka Kui.

After the show I liked the crew more than the production itself. To be honest I didn't really like the story or the performance but what really impressed me were the way they conveyed their ideas and their passion for the show.

I am happy because I could feel they really love the music and that they were realizing their dreams by making the production come true.

No comments: