4/23/2006

Red bombs

It's my O'camp gorupmate Dickson's wedding today and he's the second married individual in the group. The ceremony was held in a Catholic church and the ambience was awesome, filled with solemn joy. I missed the alarm (at 2pm, shame on me) and yet luckily I managed to get there when the bride was slowly approaching the altar with her father and Dickson waiting at the end of the aisle. I really am not able to express in words but I was very much contented, the settings, the hymns, and the childrens' chanting, everything touched me deep down, overwhelmingly. Perhaps its the Catholic root since my childhood.

I hid myself in the corner and left at the photo session. Rejoined my groupmates for the feast in the evening. A night with laughs and a lot of good chats. Yelled like crazy when we saw our group picture on the screen on stage.

I always admire Dickson for his sense of responsibility to his another half, that he is not only saying it but is really trying his best to be a better person that could give his wife a shelter. This is wht a man should do.

No comments: